Friday, March 17, 2006

A Phenomenon called Raja Deepak

Mr. A. Raja Deepak is an aberration in the normal stream of things. He is a temporal anomaly in the space time continuum. He has caused an interrupt in the smooth Mandelbrot's fractal functioning of the expanding universe, and has been responsible for paradigm shifts in a definite number of infinite parallel universes.

Well, that doesnt say everything about my good friend Raja Deepak because we all cause all of these phenomenons ourselves. This Raja Deepak is my class mate ever since he walked into my class in our orientation program on the 27th of October, some 2004 years since a man was nailed to the cross for suggesting people be nice for a change (My tribute to Douglas Adams). Raja Deepak is crazy in the sense that he does not have the chemical dopamine linking the neurons in his brain. He just has dope.

I found that he and I have a lot in common and became thick friends. However, we constantly are bickering at each other because we have so much not in common. For example, I prefer a low key life-style whereas he likes to have a high key lifestyle but doesn't take the effort necessary to lead the pop-culture lifestyle. The above demonstrated self-countering as a subset of countering oneself is another trait we have in common.

Raja Deepak is net savvy to an extent, but is always unwilling to find and download anything his friends ask of him, and invariably comes up with an excuse to evade that. Other than that, he is quite a good fellow. Of course, he sent some two hundred messages and two score missed calls to a girl he had a crush on, much to the chagrin of the poor victim who had her phone taken away from her as a result.

He trusts teachers he likes too much, but quickly jumps to the conclusion that he doesn't like a teacher. His thought processes are always set to the wrong processes at the priority, thereby leaving him totally confused in situations that necessitate tact, shrewedness, and guile, and completely helpless and useless. The kinds of situations I am talking about include those situations in which you would normally expect your friends to take the cue from you and play accordingly in front of a professor or friend when it is necessary. He is a bit of a fool I should say. For example, he insists on sitting on one of the concrete benches in the college despite it being time for class. On asked about this, he usually responds with a "No problem, we can talk our way out if the prof. asks us why we were late", but when it actually comes to being questioned by a teacher, he keeps his mouth shut, or even if he does open his mouth, he barks his head off. I am not saying that I have all these qualities, but I atleast do not make such statements, and go to class early at all times. If you are reading this post and if you are called Raja Deepak according to your birth certificate, then please try to remember what happened at the informals finals at Crescent Engg. college, what happened at the library when we went there during class hours, and who ended up talking his way out. Moreover, If you are Raja Deepak, I would also like to say one more thing. I am sorry if I have offended you in any way. In case you still are feeling offended, then you are by all means free to feel offended. After all, it is a right granted to every Indian citizen under sec. 18 clause (b), paragraph (h), or somewhere with a similar description.

Raja Deepak has good general knowledge, as was evident from the way he answers questions in quizzes and stuff. He also is a good tennis player but takes great pains to avoid actually playing the game, as was evident from the fact that he went all the way to Madurai to participate in a tennis tournament, but returned home without playing a single game because he failed to register for the event. If he however tells you something about being the coach, manager, drinks boy etc., be assured that he is lying to save his own skin.

As I said, he and I have a lot in common, and many of the traits I have described above also apply to me. That's why he and I are good friends. (At this conjuncture, it is very tempting to write another post and call it "A phenomenon called Navneeth", but let's leave it at that)

Raja Deepak, on the whole is a cool guy, who laughs easily, and doesn't take things too seriously. He has a lot of friends who are intent on giving him the B'day bums. He has various ambitions in life such as completing a certain mission Pav Bhajji. He listens to a lot of songs and is highly knowledgeable in this field. It is amazing that he learnt Hindi only by watching movies. On the whole, I would say that his positives far outweigh his negatives, making him a jolly good fellow to hang around with, notwithstanding the fact that he looks thirty when he hasn't shaved and is mistaken for a professor routinely, even by final year students.

Well, that's that.

Bye,
Sundararajan .S

P.S.: What Is Your Opinion About The Subject?

20 comments:

vinod kumar said...

My opinion about the subject is that it's a word which has 7 letters.

Ha ha ha. This post is a very long one.

TD5M4PP3R said...

AMAZING !!!!!

I thought of competing with you on the same topic. After I read your post, I've simply decided that I'm no match for you...

Keep it up and keep Raja down !!

Sundar said...

@ Vinod
What seven letters? Is it "Opinion" by any chance?

@td5m4pp3r
Thanks!!! Of course you could write about Raja, you know a lot about him dont you?

RAJA DEEPAK said...

Well... i mus appreciate ur post...he has written everythin possible abt me...he has just left some imp facts abt me...anyway gud one da

Sundar said...

A few things I left out:
He can get you the number of most of the girls.

He wanted me to put that in so that it will put him in "better light"

hari haran said...

well....what can i say???100% true facts about that fellow...but you should have written a few more lines about his special ability to get the phone nos of...anyway keep it up da..A REALLY COOL ONE...may be you could add a few more lines about his gf....100 marks for this...

Sundar said...

@ Hariharan
He did not want me to do that. He wanted me to edit whatever few lines I did have about her

vinod kumar said...

The word subject- its a 7 letter word.

Sundar said...

Aaah ok...missed that!!!

Mahesh said...

all okda,good and excellent .
one fact that this post had nearly 20-30 words which i have not even heard of.

I accept that u posess a very good scholastic skill in english,but in posts plz come a step down ur standards coz I COULDNOT UNDERSTAND AND I DON"T HAVE THE PATIENCE TO GO THRU A TEXT WHICH I KNOW I CAN'T UNDERSTAND

Archana said...

What you have said is 100 % true. Actually, he is really a poor fellow.

Sundar said...

@Mahesh
Mannichiru... Konjum Peter utturukaen... Aana Suthamma Puriyala nna mattum solladhey...Adi vaangu vaey...

@Archana
Yes He really is a poor guy... But that wont stop us from ribbing him.

RAja said...

u posted tht msg urself da idiot

Sundar said...

No I didn't da...
I believe it was Arun.

TD5M4PP3R said...

Updated my blog....

Sundar said...

@td5m4pp3r

Viewed your blog da...
Dont know what to say...

airanand said...

ok.. since I am not part of your gang.. but I DO know abt RD.. whats this 7 letters?

BTW, excellent blog.. keep it going..

Sundar said...

@Airanand

The seven letters form a word "subject". It forms part of the phrase "What is your opinion about the subject".

Thanks.

P.S.Praveen Kumar™ said...

Man. This is a really cool post ...(and of course one of the longest blog posts that I have had the patience to read) that exposes our buddy Raji Deepak right from the inner core... And of course, while in the initial process of reading this, you made me run to the Oxford Dictionary around five times, to look up the meanings of words that you have used... Cool da. Keep going and see whether you can add more on the topic soon...

Sundar said...

Thanks a lot praveen...