Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Highway to hell



At last I managed to pester my dad to allow me to drive the car on the highway on the way back from Vellore today. It was a few kilometers past Rathnagiri and I took hold of the wheel, and depressed the accelerator and roared down the road, and was nearly doing eighty in the third gear. Dad screamed at me to stop and drive more slowly, and I accelerated slower. Then he gained confidence in me and let me progress up to a 100 kmph. He kept up with a running commentary which was a little irritating, but then one can't have the best of everything. It was just short of Sriperumbudur when he took over from me again.

Please always wear seat-belts while travelling in a car if it is available. People just don't know how useful it is.

Wiyoats.

10 comments:

Marc said...

What car was this?

Sundar said...

Zen

Karthik said...

You photographed the speedometer while driving ? :D at over 100 that too

harish said...

scene da dai...

TD5M4PP3R said...

Nice photos. And cool that you got a chance on that highway. My car's never been on NH4

vijay said...

do u have license???

Aravindhan said...

"Seri pa gatherer".One more question have u taken those photos????If so rendu kaiya vittutu ottiruka kalakara machi

Visu said...

Bravo.!!! I always wanted to drive one like that.,But not the Maruti Zen ... :p

Raja Deepak said...

u didnt crash?? shit thts bad...

Vinod Kumar said...

Its been more than a year since I drove a car. Cha. You bloody! You get the chance if not regularly then rarely to drive a car. Shit! I still didnt drive a car after getting the license. You are so dead Thundar!!!
@ Vijay
How can his dad allow him to drive the car if he don't have a license? His dad is strict in the driving thing. :P