Sunday, February 17, 2008

Billet-Doux Bumblings

Another Valentine's day has come and gone, and as is my usual wont, I have realized it three days late. Of course I wouldn't have done anything spectacular on the day in question, but you do feel a bit left out of the loop after days come and go without warning.

So, I thought about what I could have done this Valentine's day, and there is when you hit the snag of first finding a girl to be your Valentine. I think back to the girl way back in the 9th standard with whom I always shared the English non-detail text book, but then suddenly remember that I'm supposed to not like her because she laughed at me when I flunked Hindi in the quarterly exams by two marks (She scraped through with 42, but oh no, my mark was meant to be laughed at, but not hers. Darn Hindi). Oh, there was this girl who came in in tenth, and whom you later get into contact with through orkut, but then her relationship status progresses from single to open relationship to committed to married, and this kind of tends to leave a smoking hole in your heart.

There is the girl in the green sari you saw at a symposium somewhere, but the same evening she zooms away on the back seat of a roaring racing bike. You then think that you could always settle for the second year girl that wears the thick glasses and braces who always keeps staring at you, but then she stares at everyone, and in all probability she sees nothing.

Two days after Valentine's day is my best friend's girlfriend's birthday, and I send her a long stemmed rose online -{---{--{--@ through orkut, and come back home from college the next day with two blackened eyes, one from my best friend and another from my now no longer best friend's arch rival.

Namitha, Bipasha, Priyanka, Mallika, and Deepika all have the problem of being inaccessible.

So, what do I do? I sit at home and blog about the whole thing. And the rest of them nerds type comments pretending they had great outings with their girlfriends.

Anyway, I have other much more important things to think of, like taking over the world. No, seriously, it's not sour grapes.

Just Heard: Vinod went and crashed into some old man and fell off his bike. Poor fellow. He is having a really bad time. Moral: There's always someone worse off than you.

24 comments:

Visu said...

Sundar, are you pondering what i am pondering?

Sundar said...

Narf.

Marc said...

Still gathering, I see.

Praveen said...

You sent a rose to Archie? Damn you! You are betraying your "best friend"! Poor fellow, he must have enjoyed with her a couple of days before and there you go, sending roses to try and steal her away from RD... Very bad on your part, Very bad! I suggest you better stick with Shiksh... ;)

Sundar said...

Praveen dude, you are assuming a lot of things.

Aravindhan said...

Nalla naradhar vellai da... nalla iru!!!!

bragey said...

yaaruda shiksh?? :)

Sundar said...

People, dont jump to conclusions.

Visu said...

Sundar, is this the same shiksh of 3rd yr whom you planned to propose this valentines day but latter "scrapped" the idea?
Ah i see.
Tell you what, stick with her.

Aravindhan said...

Vichu nee avannuku mela!!!!

harish said...

wats going on guys???

Mahesh said...

feel pannadhe... nameetha unna kadhalikka kuduthu vekkala avlodhan..

Rajaganapathy said...

What machi u wrot about shiksha an all a then whats de answer fo that girl ?????? f... i just forgot the name man anyway its too bad to give rose to ur best frnd man..... But now a days it all everyone is doing that only mostly all are accepting those and best frnd becomes GF

Sundar said...

Am on precarious ground here. All the trepidation of a soldier stepping on a minefield.

Anonymous said...

dont worry mapi,

every dog has its day.

YKW

Sundar said...

The mine blasts, but I escape unscathed.

Anonymous said...

some mines are quite safe, you can count on that, Count...

Raja Deepak said...

Hey i tink u gone mad... u wil have ur day one day, dnt worry, and Praveen wat the hell r u talking abt? u must be out of ur sense.. go c a doctor.. n Sundar, i tink shiksh loves u. so u go get her...

Sundar said...

Dei raja,
I can say the same things of you.

ViJaY said...

Enna kodumai da!!! Im not a nerd and i ain't a pretender!!! One thing i would wish to say.. We both r sailing on the same boat. We will get sum1 soon da... namitha for u and asin for me.. ;)

Karthik said...

A wonderfully well written post. I am a little late on it though. Sundar want to collaborate on a play or something ? :)

TD5M4PP3R said...

PSP is crazy! He comments like a madman!

Good post buddy! My comment comes a tad late, I say

TD5M4PP3R said...

Nice cross references :p

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel