Saturday, February 02, 2008

Jodha Akbar

The other day I went to Kicha's house after a long time to find him fiddling with the sound settings of his speakers and Winamp as usual. He finally managed to get it to his satisfaction. Don't ask me, they all sound the same to me and my idea of fiddling with the sound settings involves turning the volume up and down. Then he slapped in his playlist and there was this song which I think was in Urdu. It sounded average at first, but then the song never went the way you expected it to go, and I was hooked.

So, I managed to get my copy of the Jodha Akbar sound-track and from then on its been a marathon of swaying to Khawaja mere Khawaja, thumping feet to Azeem O Shah Shehenshah, whistling to Jashn E-Baharaa, and deleting the Man Mohanna track. Not that it's bad, but it has the lead female singer crooning at really high pitch, and it sounds awful on my run-down speakers (I listened to it anyway, and at one point it sounds like Aahista from Swades, and at another it sounds like some other song of Rahman himself, which escapes me just now).

Rahman has done a wonderful job indeed. Kicha says that there may be traces of Warriors of Heaven and Earth, and this idea does have some merit. All said and done, all songs are brilliant, and me loves it. Hats off to ARR.

10 comments:

ViJaY said...

I too heard of this movie's songs recently.. I liked some of the songs but the drawback was dat all songs seemed to be too historical. I accept tht its a historical movie but atleast some variations cd hav done sum good for the movie.

Visu said...

Yeah da, the songs are nice and they occupy the top five in my playlist.

@Vijay:
This is Jodha "Akbar" da., You expecting what else? The king returns from the battle field and Dhoom.. an item song starring Bipasha?? ..

Mahesh said...

the songs are great da...kwaja and jashn-e-baharein are top rated as far as i'm concerned.. and there are lots of traces of other tracks which i have heard somewhere in jodha songs...arr sudradhu...aana kandupidikka mudiyardhille...

Sundar said...

This humble blog has been graced by your august presence Sir Mahesh.

harish said...

Kehne ko Jashn-e-bahara hai
Ishq yeh dekhke hairaan hai
Kehne ko Jashn-e-bahara hai
Ishq yeh dekhke hairaan hai

Phool se khusboo khafa khafa hai gulshan mein
Chupa hai koi ranj fiza ki chilman mein
Sare sehmein nazare hain
Soye soye vaqt ke dhare hain
Aur dil mein koi khoye si baatein hain

AravindFerrare said...

Harish:Seri pa hindila lam comment panra!!!

Visu:Let it be a historical movie,NO item girls at that period ah??? vijay am with u man..Then how can a king get relaxed on his return from the battle field....

Visu said...

@aravind:
Well you know how. Fellatio !

Visu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rajaganapathy said...

I dont know hindi da. I wanna ask u a questin u mugged up the whole song a???

Sundar said...

Yes. More or less got it all by heart.