Friday, May 30, 2008

Season's Greetings

I went to college yesterday to get the course completion certificate. Of course, I got Raja to give me company. Typically, we had to get through layers of bureaucratic red-tape, and were delayed for three hours and ended up sitting on the stone benches under the trees. We found Arun there, who was trying to find a marksheet which was lost by our department.

The stone benches below the trees were our favourite haunts in college. Especially the first couple of ones when you come into college, go left, and take the first right. This is because these stone benches afford an uninterrupted view of the both the routes that one might take to the canteen and the mess, the way to the first-year block, the CSE classrooms, the ECE classrooms, the EEE classrooms, and was suitably hidden from anyone moving around the principal's office, the vice principal's office, and anyone important coming and going. Moreover, it afforded an excellent breeze, and one would always encounter a cool breeze blowing in from the sea.

Having spent the majority of college-hours on these benches and ogling at all female passersby (Praveen and Raja Deepak whistling and catcalling shamelessly) the stone bench became an irrevocable part of our lives. Sitting there now, we suddenly realised this might possibly be the last time we were sitting there, and we were suddenly gripped by a slight emotion. We were never going to sit there again! I never thought I would feel emotions of separation on leaving college, but here I was, almost feeling sad. Raja Deepak of course noticed none of this, and soon was stretched out fast asleep. Ah well, turns out there is one aspect of my college that I really am going to miss.

One a side note, Vinod and Marc from AIHT got their call letters from Infosys. They've got to join on June 23. Looks like I might get them soon too. This is way too early! I want more holidays. Don't call me before Independence Day this year! And jeez, looks like I'll be adding a new label called 'work' starting this post. My God! I am going to work!

18 comments:

uleadin said...

dei! I didn't know you were the type who thikns this way and feels and all da!

uleadin said...

dei! I didn't know you were the type who thinks this way and feels and all da!

Marc said...

Moreover, it afforded an excellent wind

Ew.

Anyway I hope you get your call letter soon.

Sundar said...

My mistake. I'll change it to breeze.

Anonymous said...

Hi Join with our online community to get more free traffic to your blog and also it is the free online friends community for makeing new friends :


http://www.chokut.com

Rachel said...

Stop using foul languages like AIHT plzzz.

Srividya Jayaraman said...

That second para would be most befitting of the 'Campus Hangout' column of one of 'The Hindu' supplements.

Sundar said...

Does that mean it's good or bad?

Srividya Jayaraman said...

Well if you must classify it, you can say good. But it was just a passing observation.

Sundar said...

Oh. It's been ages since I read the paper properly.

And I wondered if you were one of those Hindu bashers. Ah well, whatever.

As visu would say, Narf.

Srividya Jayaraman said...

No, I am a staunch 'The Hindu' supporter. I believe Hindu is for the classes, while the rest are for the masses;)

Visu said...

Ah yes, Narf.
Sundar, you sound like sudhish kamath.(Oh, I just said that!)

Sundar said...

Oh vogay.

Visu, sari pa.

Vinod said...

You felt sad!! Wow! You must have enjoyed your college life dude! Kalakkra sundaru...

janu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mahesh said...

college life a vidu... company life enjoy pannuve da... seekaram poganumnu vendiko...

Sundar said...

No never.

I like home life the best. :D

Raja Deepak said...

Ur rite... and i do miss the college benches too.. It has some of the most memorable memories... dood..